Friday, January 23, 2009

A Nod to Andrew Wyeth

I took this shot of a fence along the trail in the Sachuest Point NWR because I liked the way the fence was leaning. It wasn't until I got home and opened this up in the computer that I saw how much like an Andrew Wyeth tempera painting this looked. This is practically untouched out of the camera; I just tweaked the sharpness and the saturation (to bring out the contrast between the yellow-brown of the grass and the red of the brambles) the tiniest bit.



Thank you, Andrew. Your work has informed mine in so many ways; this is just one more acknowledgement of my debt!

© 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. roy, it evoked the same feeling when i first saw it. perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i always think with a photo like that is, 'how many people walked by that everyday to never notice?'

    ReplyDelete