Saturday, March 28, 2009

Scenes from the Macro-World - Spring In Miniature

These flowers were growing in crannies in a stone wall along Memorial Blvd.; I put the camera in macro mode and fired away. These two shots are the best from the bunch. The pink flowers are Heal All and the white flowers are Mouse-Eared Chickweed.





Other signs of Spring seen today: The above shots were taken yesterday (Friday). Today while out for a walk down by Gooseneck Cove I saw and or heard some more Springlike things that were outside camera range. I saw my first Great egret way far off over the mudflats off Ocean Drive. At the corner of Ocean Drive and Hazard Rd. I first heard, and then saw, a small flock of Goldfinches. And in the swamp next to Salt Marsh House I heard my first Spring Peepers of the year. Must be Spring!

© 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmm, I relish the thought of your spring as we sit at less than forty degrees (F) and watch the flurries skitter across the deck. What is a flower? What is a robin? Where is the blue sky I pine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those tiny little flowers!!! I just had a bunch of the Heal All (I didn't know its name, now I do, thank you!) pop up in a bed by the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring does start out small, doesn't it? But it grows on you! :)

    ReplyDelete