Friday, September 11, 2009

Theme Thursday Leaks Into Friday


In my original idea for yesterday's Theme Thursday post I had taken a more diverse approach to the theme, but when I found the Taiko videos I got enchanted all over again with the genre and dedicated the whole post to it. But in the course of searching out videos for the original idea, I came across this really great video on Mickey Hart and his Global Drum Project from National Geographic Music. I really couldn't let this one go to waste, so here's more Theme Thursday on Friday with Mickey Hart and friends. Enjoy!


Photo & text © 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

5 comments:

  1. hey, L wants to be an ethnomusicologist! What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this music and your photo so much! i cannot wait to show my 11 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy, that was awesome! Thanks for finding and sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photograph. Love the drums, but I especially like that rustic looking kalimba/ finger-piano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Thanks for this. It says it all about rhythm. I will be sharing it with my ex (a drummer).

    ReplyDelete