Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Seasonal Scenes

Just some shots taken while walking the streets of Newport today and yesterday, catching the town in festive garb amidst the snow of the weekend storm. Even though the next two days may take us close to 40ºF (4ºC), most of that snow will still be there for a white Christmas.



Okay, I can't help myself. I deliberately mentioned a white Christmas up there because that's where my mind is these days. I just contributed a post to the Just A Song blog yesterday, the subject being Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" as sung by Bing Crosby, and I posted the famous clip from the movie Holiday Inn. So forgive me if I post the video again. I just can't help myself!


Photos & text © 2009 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures as expected. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kris - Dude, you've got everybody covered. Good work!

    Dot - Thanks. Save me some skibsøl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video, great movie! We're watching it tonight. Right now, I'm listening to the original New England Christmastide LP. I'm pretty sure that I bought it at Waterloo Records in Austin lo these many years ago. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you couldn't help yourself! Joyous yuletide, my friend!

    ReplyDelete