Friday, January 01, 2010

Wandering

I took the scenic route to the grocery store today, walking down the Cliff Walk, cutting through the Salve Regina University campus, and walking up Bellevue Ave. to Stop & Shop. I took a few pictures on the way.

A lot of people seem to have gotten the urge to make snowmen along the Cliff Walk; I came across about six. This one turned out to be the only photogenic one.

There were two guys surfing off Ruggles Ave. today; this is the only shot that turned out well.

A Great Black-backed Gull posing on the rocks at Belmont Beach at the end of Marine Ave.

Wallace Hall on Ruggles Ave., one of the Salve Regina University properties. I liked how it looked in the snow.

Wakehurst in the snow. This former mansion owned by James J. Van Allen is now a Salve Regina property as well. You can read more about it here - there are some fascinating things about the architecture and the building in this article.

© 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I want to live in Wakehurst! And that surfer is nuts! I have a friend from Jersey (Channel Islands) who used to suit up like that in the winter to surf. Then he had the sense knocked into him and moved to New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baino, our best surfing season here is Winter. They have no choice if they want to catch good waves, so wetsuits it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely architecture in the Salve Regina buildings! They're beautiful in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't tell the other snow people that you didn't consider them photogenic! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Wakehurst is gorgeous (and I love the snowflakes falling on your blog!) I wish we had all that snow you're receiving today. I can't wait to see the photos you take... (that surfer is really dedicated! I get cold just looking at him!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be great to watch World Cup 2010 - A3, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/World_Cup_2010_A3-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete