Thursday, March 04, 2010

Theme Thursday - Green

As Spring creeps up on us, here are a few green shots from my archives.

Gooseneck Cove can always be counted on to be a lush green in July.


This Leucauge venusta Orchard Orb Weaver spider looks like a little green dot until you get close.


The Quarry Meadow at the Quaking Aspen grove in Ballard Park, another July green spot.

And the videos. I had this song pop into my head as soon as I saw that this week's theme would be "Green". Unlike Status Quo, the stars of my post yesterday, The Lemon Pipers really were a one-hit wonder who pretty much disappeared after the hit the charts with "Green Tambourine". But it's an earworm that just won't go away, so I thought I'd pass it along.


The next tune is no earworm; it's a classic in American R&B - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame members Booker T. and the MGs - Booker T. Jones, Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, and the late Al Jackson, Jr. - doing their 1963 massive hit "Green Onions".


And 47 years later they're still going strong. Jones, Cropper, and Dunn have active solo and studio careers, but they stll get together as Booker T and the MGs to wow the crowds at their own gigs and add a little spice to the music by backing up people like Aretha Franklin and Eric Clapton. So here, enjoy Booker T and the MGs performing Green Onions almost half a century later!


Photos & text © 2010 by A. Roy Hilbinger

11 comments:

  1. Got Green Onions on the playlist! Of course. And Booker T has some new stuff out? Or so I read...

    Love that spider shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lush and beautiful, Roy. I can hear the high whine of the insects . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. that one of the spider is awesome roy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that's an exquisite spider shot, Roy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Booker T(T) Of Course! Brilliant Videos.+Your Usual High Standard Of Photos, Especially The Spider!
    Happy T.T. Roy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got curious and clicked, going to start doing TT on my personal blog! Should be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that spider is a little tooo close. But it's irridescent colors are something else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...an earworm that won't go away." LOL!

    I thought the first photo was taken in Ireland. You live in a gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing spider
    and I love the green meadow

    ReplyDelete