Friday, April 15, 2011

Playing Again

I took a self-portrait and went to town in Photoshop and the Exposure 2 film emulation plug-in. I was going for an old-timey look, and I have four shots for your delectation. Top left: Calotype with sepia. Top right: Daguerreotype sepia. Bottom left: Daguerreotype with warm brown application. Bottom right: Daguerreotype with faded color applied. Click on each photo to view it in full size.




















































© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

8 comments:

  1. All are cool, but I think I like the calotype one best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number One Top left: Calotype with sepia. is my favorite looks more aged

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone is just picking the first one because they can pronouce it! LOL!

    No, seriously..it does look the most reaslistic as far as an aged look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the introduction of faded color. It doesn't detract from the aged feel, but it makes the image more pronounced. You used the color really well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...the bottom left has the "oldest" feel to me...right out of the wild, wild west!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh great shots Roy. Each shot would be perfect for a different setting. A new Profile picture perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fun! I think I like the last one best, the one with just a hint of color.

    ReplyDelete