Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday's Leftovers on Tuesday

So here are some photos from yesterday that had nothing to do with the Memorial Day holiday.

I haven't identified the species on this spider yet; I found her hiding under one of the bridges in the Duck Ponds park, like the troll under the bridge in "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" folktale. She's a beauty, though!

Mother and child in the Redtail nest off of Possum Hollow Rd. The chick is still in the fuzz stage, no feathers as yet.

© 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

6 comments:

  1. Both great shots, of course, but that second one is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Roy. Excellent find...I've never seen a baby hawk with that much detail. I usually just the head popping up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww now that's a true sign of spring as we chill over down here

    ReplyDelete