Thursday, December 08, 2011

New Digs

I'm now fully moved in to my first post-Newport apartment. The furniture was delivered Tuesday. In the rain. My brother and I moved the heaviest of my stuff - the computer, my CD collection, my library - yesterday. In even heavier rain. Today the sun was out and seasonably chilly weather arrived, and the Comcast guy came to hook up my cable and Internet. And here I am! I'm still putting things away, so the place is still sort of cluttered. These two shots are of relatively uncluttered spots.

Part of the living room, featuring my Archie Bunker chair.

The new headquarters of Roy's World.

2010 saw me hit bottom, and the time in between then and now has been a limbo time of being dependent on family for a roof over my head and food in my stomach. Thanks to them I'm back on my feet again - employed and living independently. The perfect song for that is "Handle With Care" by the Traveling Wilburys, a joyous paean to getting back on your feet after having been down. Enjoy!


Photos © 2011 by A. Roy Hilbinger

10 comments:

  1. Oh how nice~! And congrats on your new place. You look comfy. ha. Come over and look at my new header photo...just took it about 30 minutes ago. Had to take a dozen to get a good one, though. lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things have improved so much for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, Roy! I know how good that must feel; very happy for you. & great song--any time there's your namesake Mr Orbison, I'm all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been a long hard road, I know, but I'm glad they were there to help you. And that you were able to help yourself as well.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm So Glad Things Are Settling ,Roy. Nice One Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Roy, I've been an awful follower. Lovely that you're settled in your own place. The kindness of others is wonderful but it does tend to feel like Charity So glad that things are looking up. Same for me...just have to crack on with reducing that debt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah roy!!! congrats on the new digs!!!! and thank goodness for the kindness of others to see us through dark and bottom days!!! life is a wheel and sometimes it just needs some alignment - but it goes round and round with plenty of ups and downs.

    please email me your new snail mail address - it is the time of year i do love sending snail mail to friends!!

    namaste!

    ReplyDelete