Monday, April 23, 2012

Lunch Dates

Today is cold, raw, and rainy, so there has been no hike on the first day of my "weekend". So I've been peeking out the kitchen window (camera in hand, of course) to check on the newly-revised bird feeder station. And it seems that my two favorite couples, a Northern Cardinal pair and a House Finch pair who have been frequenting the station for quite a while now,  showed up as couples to have lunch together.

Mr. and Mrs. Red showed up first, lunching together at the feeder tray with the new sunflower, nut, and dried fruit mix.


Mrs. Finch showed up at the Finch feeder first...


...and then Mr. Finch, although he ate around back so that I couldn't get a shot of him. He hopped up on an arm of the feeder to check out the situation.


Then both of them hopped over to the tray feeder to sample the delights there.


© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

2 comments:

  1. What fabulous photos. Your skill and kindness warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great photos! And you know, I'm jealous that you probably get a Lowe's employee discount on your feeders and seed, don't you! ha.

    ReplyDelete