Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Color

I had a long, 10 mile hike out towards South Mountain planned for today, but when I got up this morning I just didn't feel like wandering that far afield today. So instead I headed up to the Peace Garden in the Shippensburg Memorial Park (click here to see the post on our visit there on Memorial Day) and then took the long way home to find other scenes worth catching. The theme that jumped out at me this time was Fall color, so that's what I ended up looking for. Well, there's some color, but I think I may have taken my vacation a week or two too early to catch the foliage at its peak in this area. Oh well...

In any case, here are four shots that passed quality control today (web album can be seen here). The first two are in the Peace Garden, the entrance and the little Japanese bridge. The third shot is of a gate house on West King St., which serves as the entrance to an octagonal stone house way up on top of the rocky hill to the right, where General Braddock's fort from the French and Indian Wars originally stood. And the fourth shot is of the entrance to Shippensburg University on North Prince St. Enjoy!





© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

No comments:

Post a Comment