Monday, November 05, 2012

Monday Morning Walkabout

Fall is progressing past the bright colors of peak leaf season. Hurricane Sandy's sweep by us blew a lot of leaves off the trees, but really the amount of bare branches isn't much more than the normal state at this time of year. Autumn is progressing toward Winter, and the closer it gets, the barer and browner it gets. I went walking through town this morning and brought you examples of the fading. I walked through the Dykeman Springs Wetlands, but naturally I couldn't resist a colorful shot of the creek at King Street. The full web album is here. Meanwhile, here are three of the best shots. Enjoy!




© 2012 by A. Roy Hilbinger

4 comments:

  1. They're beautiful, especially the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.....all beautiful
    My a day dream is one garden with much flowers, and on half my father and my mother happily in the sky......one day who knows? with the gazebo of your photos my to build one exactly for them.
    Thanks Roy her for me because to see all this on your photos of all garden
    Daniele from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...fading, but now beautiful in that quiet late autumn way. I always love seeing the little house on the canal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but I always think of "fall" as such a quintessential American word - a perfect description for the season. And your photographs of fall are always the best, the quintessential, photographs - I look forward to them each year.

    ReplyDelete