Sunday, December 15, 2013

More Snow

We got more snow yesterday, and this time it didn't turn to freezing rain. We got between 3 and 4 inches, most of that falling between 4 pm and 7 pm. I was off today, and I decided to pass through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the grocery store. Here are the best of the shots I took.

Entering the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the Dykeman Walking Trail
Looking out of the tunnel on the Dykeman Walking Trail
Fox tracks by the Upland Trail
Trail bench on the Upland Trail
A dramatic sky over the upland meadow
© 2013 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

5 comments:

  1. That last picture is dramatic as you said and it does look sooo cold! We are supposed to go up to 68+ F on Sunday then a cold front will come – that’s when we get tornadoes usually. I wish I was back in PA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful.. I'm amazed when people say winter is drab and dull. Look at the gorgeous textures and beautiful shades of sienna, ochre and white/s. Almost makes me wish for snow. And I love the tracks of the fox. Reminds me that last week I saw the biggest Coyote I've ever seen - and instead of looking like a cowering skinny dog, this one was beautiful, with ears like a fox and the color of a gray wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I never saw snow again, I'd be quite fine. Give me warmth and sunshine. Then again I remember the taxi driver in Aruba, where it is sunny and 80 degrees every-single-day tell me that he takes his vacations to New Hampshire where there is snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taxi services charge by zone too. They will pick you up and drop you off inside a different zone for a flat rate. That means if you are going more than just a few blocks away and are going on an actual long drive you can get it for a flat fee. That means that they can't charge you a bunch of extra money by going down side streets to make you take a longer time. You are set with your zone.
    DUI Risk Reduction Course in Locust Grove
    DUI Risk Reduction Course in Locust Grove Ga
    DUI Risk Reduction Program in McDonough

    ReplyDelete