Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Busy Day at the Feeders

We got hit with a significant snow storm today. I knew it was coming and made sure my feeders were filled before I went to work yesterday. Today during the storm the birds showed their appreciation. The visitors were mainly Dark-eyed Juncos and Mourning Doves. There were also some House Sparrows, but they always flew off when I came to the window with the camera, so the Doves and the Juncos got to be the stars of today's show. Enjoy!

A snowy, and busy, day at the feeder station
A Dark-eyed Junco at the flat feeder
A Mourning Dove feeding on the ground below the feeders
More Juncos on the flat feeder
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I was disappointed all that snow didn't hit us! We were too far north and west.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you. you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the problem is something that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something referring to this.
    DUI Schools in Butts County
    DUI Schools in Jackson Ga

    ReplyDelete