Sunday, June 29, 2014

Lush

I took a walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park wetlands area this morning on the way to the grocery store. It's full Summer, and we've had enough of both heat and rain to make things very, very lush. While I was walking it started to rain, a very gentle Summer shower. So I found my favorite bench at the north end of the north duck pond under the big, old Norwegian Maple and settled down out of the wet to watch and listen. There was a beautiful serenade by a Cardinal, a Song Sparrow, and several Wood Thrushes. It was very serene and I almost hated to leave, but the rain moved off and it was time to get back to errands. Still, that brief stop by the pond settled and refreshed me, and now the rest of the week should be fine.

The wetlands in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park are very lush with all the heat and rain we've had lately.
Along the trail in the wetlands
Daylilies along the trail in the wetlands
Rushes beside the north duck pond in the rain
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I guess, it is easy being green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! You have a very pleasant walk to the grocery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I certainly love reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the stories coming. I liked it!
    Defensive Driving Course in McDonough Ga
    Defensive Driving Course in Henry County
    Defensive Driving Course in Henry County Ga

    ReplyDelete