Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Serenity

Today and tomorrow off this week. I did my usual leisurely stroll through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the grocery store. The weather today is cloudy and uncharacteristically mild for this time of year (at 3 pm the a/c is still off and the windows open, and the temperature in this room is still only 77º F [25º C]), with occasional brief, light showers, so it was a pleasant walk. I didn't take a lot of photos because I was enjoying the pleasantness so much. Still, I did click the shutter from time to time; these are the cream of the crop. Enjoy!

Reflections in the north duck pond
Looking across the upland meadow toward Blue Mountain
An American Painted Lady butterfly on the upland meadow
© 2014 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

4 comments:

  1. That first photo is amazing! I love how still the water is. Did you skip a few rocks across the surface? I wouldn't have been able to resist. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptaion is there, but there aren't any flat rocks around to skip. Besides, I wouldn't want to irritate the ducks.

      Delete

  2. This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.
    It is really very helpful for me.Hoping the same finest operate in the up coming days also. thank you!
    Defensive Driving Schools in Butts County
    Defensiving Driving Schools in Jackson Ga

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://roys-world.blogspot.com/2014/08/serenity.html?showComment=1411573063303#c4049967265124808797

    ReplyDelete