Sunday, May 03, 2015

May Flowers

Today has been a gorgeous Spring day, and fortunately I have a day off to enjoy it. I wandered through the increasingly fragrant and colorful Dykeman Spring Nature Park this morning, wrapping myself in Mama Gaia's bounty. There was lots of birdsong, and I saw one Oriole and heard several others singing in different parts of the park, but what got my attention most was the increasing amount of blooming going on. So wander with me through the park and enjoy a great Spring morning's worth of wildflowers.

Heal-all growing in the Dykeman Spring wetland
Common Blue Violet growing on the forest floor along the Dykeman Walking Trail
Barberry blossoms by the duck ponds
Apple blossoms along the Meadow Trail
The Redbuds along the eastern edge of the upland meadow are blooming
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I love the way my flowers smell, but they're all white so not as gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete