Sunday, June 28, 2015

Another Soggy Sunday

Man, it has been a wet June! We had an all-day soaking rain yesterday, around 2 inches, which brought our rain surplus to 6 and some inches. Considering we started the month with a 2-inch rain deficit, that's some serious rain for this area! The upside to that is that it's been cooler and I haven't had to turn on the air conditioners as much, and I get to wake up to the smell of fresh air flowing in my open windows. To me, that's heaven.

I had today off, just a single, so I walked through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the grocery store, and I got some scenes of the soggy mood of the day. Enjoy!

A baby bunny "hiding" in the grass on the Dykeman Walking Trail next to the ball fields
Walking through the wetlands on the Dykeman Walking Trail
A mushroom on the Upland Trail on the way up to the meadow
A Groundhog keeping a wary eye on me up on the upland meadow
A moody view of one of my favorite scenes up on the meadow
Looking at Blue Mountain from the top of the upland meadow
Mushrooms at the eastern end of the upland meadow
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment:

  1. You live in what looks to be a lovely part of the world...

    ReplyDelete