Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Leisurely Stroll on the Rail Trail

Today was a knock-yer-eyes-out gorgeous day - sunny, warm, and low humidity. And I hadn't walked up the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail in a while. So since I'm on vacation, it seemed like a good idea today to get on up there. I had an ulterior motive to walking up there, too: Sensenig Farm, right next to the Rail Trail on Duncan Road, has a produce stand, and I had a hankering for fresh veggies. So on the Trail I went.

Unfortunately, it's still too early for veggies. I keep forgetting it's only the first half of July; we had such an unseasonably warm May that my internal calendar was sure things were well into the growing season two months and lots of hot and wet and humid days since. Not true, alas! Oh well, at least there was lots to look at, and a gorgeous breeze out of the northwest as well, so the walk was good. And look here, I've brought back some things for you to look at. Enjoy!

The Raspberries along the trail are ripe! I gorged all the way up and back.
A look north from the trail over the Cumberland Valley farms to the mountains beyond
Another view to the north
Looks like it's "No Vacancy" at this Purple Martin house on the Sensenig's farm
Hmmmm... Whoever was driving this tractor must have gone home to lunch!
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: