Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Day in Black & White

It's Christmas Eve. At least, that's what the calendar says; you wouldn't know it from the weather, which is rainy and unseasonably warm. This is supposed to be Winter, with cold air and snow all around so Santa can visit everybody on his sleigh. It needs to be cold so we can enjoy fires in the fireplace and drink hot chocolate comfortably. And I really need to build a snowman! Someone needs to poke Mama Gaia and remind her what season this is. 

Given how dreary this weather has made the landscape, I decided to shoot in black and white today to emphasize the mood. And I went out on a preliminary walk at 5:30 am to catch some things that look interesting in the dark; I see them walking to work when I go in on the opening shift but I don't have time to stop and shoot, so today on my day off I got up early to catch them. Enjoy!

McLean House at 5:30 am
The creepy doll display in the junk shop on East King St.
Street scene with clock
Branch Creek at King St.
A back entry on Neff Ave.
Entering the Dykeman Spring Nature Park
Dykeman Spring wetland with Purple Martin house
The north duck pond with Dykeman House in the background
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment