Saturday, December 05, 2015

What a Gorgeous Day!

A beautiful late Autumn day, and perfect for a long, meandering walk on the way to the grocery store  late this morning - temperatures in the 40s F (4º - 9º C), dry, dry air, blue skies, and no wind. I was also scoping out material to use in my annual wreath, which I'll be making tomorrow. I already have a nice bunch of Douglas Fir twigs from work, I already know where I can get some great Holly twigs, and today on my walk I found a good source of English Ivy and a beautiful Red Cedar with lots of blue berries. I'll go back tomorrow morning to gather the Holly, Ivy, and Cedar, and then make the wreath. Meanwhile, here's the gorgeous day I walked through today.

Mallards on the north duck pond in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park
Reflections on the north duck pond
Pardon me while I go hug this Osage Orange tree
A view from up on the meadow
© 2015 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: