Monday, March 21, 2016

Vernal Equinox 2016



Yesterday was the Vernal Equinox, but I had to work, so I'm doing my annual Welcome Spring post today. This morning I walked through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park to find Daffodils and Mallards. And when I got home I watched the birds visiting my feeder station in the back yard. I recently switched to a new seed mixture which has no cracked corn or millet and voila! No more House Sparrows! But the Finches seem to love the new food, and I'm hoping that the absence of Sparrows will attract other birds as well. 

It's still chilly here but it's supposed to start warming up for good tomorrow. So Spring is moving along; get ready for more flowers!

Daffodils growing by the Dykeman Walking Trail
Mr. & Mrs. Mallard promenading by the north duck pond
A male House Finch at the sunflower seed feeder
A male Goldfinch in mid-molt at the seed feeder
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment