Saturday, June 18, 2016

A Perfect Day

What a perfect Summer day! Blue skies and puffy clouds, warm and almost hot but dry rather than humid. A great day for being outdoors! I had walked up to the Shippensburg Township Recreational Park for the annual SHAPE Gallery Solstice Arts Festival. Unfortunately, the "festival" was a major disappointment, definitely not what I was expecting. But all was not lost; the park also serves as the Shippensburg trailhead for the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail, which you long-term visitors to this blog know is a favorite hike for me. So I just walked up to the trail and did a walk up to Duncan Road and back. And of course I got some pictures of farms, mountains and clouds along the way. Enjoy!

A view of The Knob, part of the North Mountain ridge
Farms, mountains, and clouds - Summer in the Cumberland Valley
A typical Cumberland Valley view
Another, wider view of The Knob
A large farm along the Rail Trail
My first vacation week (actually 9 days) is coming up in the middle of July, and one of those days I intend to use to hike the whole trail, all the way up to Newville and back. So stay tuned!

© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: