Wednesday, September 07, 2016

A Short Visit

It's gone back to being hot and humid, but I needed to get to the grocery store to fill in some holes in the larder. Okay, I admit it; I had to get more bacon for the BLTs I've been making for lunch during my vacation, and it's worth suffering the heat and humidity to get it. Plus I decided a slice of red onion on a BLT might taste pretty good, too. Anyhow... As per usual, I went through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on the way to the store, so naturally there are photos. Here are the ones that worked. Enjoy!

Yellow Ironweed along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A very busy Bumblebee working the Ironweed. And see that Orange and white and black near the left edge of the photo? That's an Ailanthus Webworm Moth. The Ironweed patch was a pretty busy spot this morning!
Cool water on a hot day - the creek from the red bridge
More cool water - Sedges and reflections on the north duck pond
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: