Sunday, December 04, 2016

Perfect Light

This morning the quality of light was perfect. A total overcast, but it wasn't dark, it was what I'd call subdued. And in that subdued light every nuance of color and texture was visible, nothing drowned out by too much shadow or too much light. I found myself totally caught up in what I was seeing in the camera's viewfinder. I had gone out with the intent of shooting in black and white, but I was too entranced by the subtle colors I was seeing. I did process the shots in b&w, and I'll post the ones that worked tomorrow. But today is a day for reveling in the subtlety of subdued light. Enjoy!

Branch Creek at King St.
A section of the Dykeman Walking Trail
The Dykeman Spring wetland, with Purple Martin House
The creek from the red bridge
My favorite view of the north duck pond
© 2016 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

No comments:

Post a Comment