Sunday, May 07, 2017

Sunday Constitutional

It rained the last two days, at  least 2" (5 cm), so the green and color has gotten even more lush for my Sunday walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park. There have also been some other Spring events: I saw my first-of-the-season Green Heron in the wetland; the insect nymphs are all over the ponds, which has attracted even more Swallows to come and skim them up; and the first goslings have hatched. Come see what I saw today!

Dame's Rocket along the Dykeman Walking Trail
The forest floor along the trail
Daisy Fleabane in the wetland
A Green Heron in the wetland
A Bank Swallow in the wetland
A family outing on the north duck pond
Black Locust blossoms along the trail
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen a Green Heron before. He has a unique look to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go back a ways in this blog you'll see more of them. There were a lot of them in Newport in the Summers.

      Delete