Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer Solstice 2017

Today is the Summer Solstice, Litha to Pagans, and Midsummer in the northern European countryside. The weather turns seriously hot now, the first haying of the season gets done, and bonfires and dancing and merriment are the order of the day. As for me, I took a walk in the Dykeman Spring Nature Park and took in the sights of Summer.

Deptford Pinks in the woods along the Dykeman Walking Trail
An Appalachian Brown butterfly in the wetland area
Day Lilies in the Dykeman Spring wetland
A Cabbage White butterfly and Canada Thistle by the north pond
North pond scene with Mallards
A European Skipper butterfly on Red Clover up on the meadow
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that there were so darned many butterfly varieties until relatively recently. (I say "relatively." I learned it years ago, but well past the halfway mark in my sixty years!)

    ReplyDelete