Saturday, July 22, 2017

Saturday in the Park

I started a new job this week, and today was my first day off since Sunday, so of course I celebrated by cutting through the Dykeman Spring Nature Park on my way to the grocery store. Given the heat and humidity lately, and the rains that the humid air squeezes out from time to time, everything is very lush and green. While walking along this morning I often felt as if I were walking in a green tunnel. Here are some scenes from that walk.

A baby bunny on the Dykeman Walking Trail by the ball fields
Entering the Dykeman Spring Nature Park along the Dykeman Walking Trail
A particularly green section of the Dykeman Walking Trail
A Silver-spot Skipper butterfly in the Dykeman Spring wetland
A view of the creek from the red bridge
© 2017 by A. Roy Hilbinger 

1 comment: